Still Life Paintings


I have done a few abstract still life paintings in the past (chiefly florals), but never gave the genre much thought-- its potential for story-telling and powerful symbolism, or the way a still life might liven up a larger composition.  After my artist friend Kate suggested setting up a still life a few month ago, I became intrigued by the concept in a new way.  My most recent pieces are very personal, filled with objects and colors that either say something about me or have sentimental value to me or my Mom...I have only just begun to explore the potential of this traditional genre, but I am enjoying its possibilities quite a bit!  Several of these pieces will be on exhibit October 21st at my 1892 East show with Ann Vann and at my solo show in November at the Church Street Wine Shoppe!







No comments