Happy 2011! A New Year of Art

It has become my tradition to begin the first day of January with a new work of art. This year, I decided to work on a block print [above, Variations on a Village I]. I have not made one since I was a child and so it seemed like the just the right medium to encourage me to take a fresh approach to making art in the new year.

I bid adieu to 2010 with friends, tuning in together at 1pm to listen to my radio interview on WLRH with Beth Norwood. 2011's exhibit schedule is already underway with an Ascribing Artists group show at beautiful 16 Main in Madison, AL (In addition to my own work, art by Vicki Garner, Leslie Brasher, Linda Morton, Russ Sexton, Gina Hurst, Lynn Weatherford, Beverly Basham, Deborah Taylor, Carole Esk'ridge, Jennifer Martin, Jackie Segars, Doris Sisk, Diane Lehr, Jessica Oden, Melissa Carter, Jane Blevins, Paul Fulda, Amanda Lyle Dunn, Cynthia Massey Parsons and Paul LaBathe will be on display). In February, my work will be featured at Reflectives in Hampton Cove. As the year unfolds, I will continue to share event updates and thoughts on art. . . for now, I send wishes for happiness, success, and well-being to all!

No comments